Corona Marketplace Product Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in participating in our Marketplace! Please read the following guidelines to help prepare for your product submission to expedite the process and avoid any common pitfalls that may arise. The goal of the products offered on the Marketplace is aimed to be used in professional and usable projects for apps made with Corona or other engines. These guidelines are meant to be a resource for you to better understand what our review team is looking for in the products we will approve to be distributed on the Marketplace.
- All the contents in a product submission will be carefully reviewed by us before they go live.
- Corona Labs reserves the right to accept or reject the content provided for review.
- All guidelines will be strictly followed and the submission will be rejected if the content doesn’t meet our standards.
- Please try to do a search on the Marketplace for any similar products beforehand. We will only approve products that try to add more value than already existing products whether that may be judged on the basis of quality, performance, functionality, ease of use, and/or documentation.
- Contents that you do not hold the proper rights/license to resell or redistribute will be rejected.
- Copying/redistributing the content that you downloaded from an open source domain are not acceptable.
- The content must not use any trademarks/logos/brands that you do not own.
- The content must not contain anything that may be deemed inappropriate. Overly sexual, violent, gruesome, hateful (race/religion/gender/identity/etc.) will be rejected.
- Content which attempts to perform any negative actions that are not anticipated from the user will be rejected. Negative actions may include:
- a. Unknowing tracking a user’s data.
- b. Attempt to install any malicious programs or virus or noncritical background services.
- Content must be usable «out of the box» and not require any special additional software or service to operational unless it’s requirements are innately understood.
Before Submitting a Product
- Please prepare the package in a .zip file. Other forms of compression are not acceptable.
- Complete documentation for your product and have a link ready, pointing to the website hosting your documentation. You know your project well, but you can't assume someone buying your template will understand your code and how it's organized. Your documentation should explain how to use your product, how to remake it, how to implement the application, and how to change the basic functions. Remember that buyers may not be familiar with your template or your product, and it can be difficult for them to use if you do not provide accurate guidance. If you create good and detailed documentation, this will help the buyer install, configure and use the item and will save you a lot of after-sales support.
- Include a README file, in either a .txt or a .pdf format in the base directory to provide any good to know information such as general guidelines on how to use the app template, any copyright or licensing information, or any issues to consider.
- In general, monetization plugins packaged around a particular service provider are not allowed. If you are the said service provider and are interested in providing a Corona plugin for your service, we would love to work with you. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Before submitting a plugin, make sure you have the following prepared:
- a. Binaries for every platform the plugin targets. See the Plugin Submission Guide for more information.
- b. Complete documentation of the plugin’s features and limitations. Have a link ready, pointing to the website hosting your documentation.
- c. A robust sample app that demonstrates the usage of the plugin. The sample is also required to test your plugin, prior to approval.
- d. A BitBucket account.
- Raster (pixel) images should be in either PNG or JPEG for single layer files. JPEG's should be limited to solid image without transparency (backgrounds, etc.). Multi-layer raster images should be in PSD format.
- Vector images should be in .EPS, .SVG or .AI formats.
- If you include images with multiple sizes, please save each size in their own sub-folder. For instance if you offer 50px and 100px files, you would have a folder named assets/images/png/50px and assets/images/png/100px.
- Images should be of sufficient resolution to support modern screen sizes but be respectful of maximum texture sizes. Image file sizes should be as small as possible without compromising the quality of the image.
- Tileable image assets should able to tile without obvious corners or gaps.
Music and Audio
- More information what formats are supported see our Corona Supported Audio Formats.
- Submissions of audio collections should maintain a consistent format, naming convention, and quality.
Before submitting a new product, be sure that the vendor page is complete.
Product Submission Form
Use this form to submit your product to appear on the Corona Marketplace.
Optimize your asset names for search engines: try to think what is the main keyword of your product. Use «tags» in your title and check it’s spelling. Also avoid of hard technical terms in your title. Instead of naming a package as plain «Fantasy Forest», try to make it more attractive, something like «A Fantasy Pixel Art Environment - Parallax Platformer Tileset».
- Pay extra attention to description: it is the only information a buyer has before purchase. It must contain an in-depth overview of the content, explained for both the final user and the developer. You can include information such as the software you used for development, framework, device compatibility, or a list of the product features.
- The description should be optimized for SEO, so more people can find your product. This is a showcase for your product. Use it to tell potential customers why they should choose your product.
- You can add links to preview services such as SoundCloud for audio assets.
- Provide a 512x512 px PNG or JPEG file.
- This image will be shown on the main product page.
- For app templates and complete projects, the project icon for App Store or Google Play is a great choice. For graphics assets, use the picture of the main hero or environment with some text if it’s a graphic asset. Using the icon that is not related to your asset, such as your company logo is allowed only for Music & Audio assets and Corona Plugins.
- Provide a 1800x900 px JPEG or PNG file.
- This banner will be used for featuring your product on the Marketplace main page carousel.
- Try to make it high-quality and easy to understand for your potential customers. Minimize the use of text on the image, and instead try to depict what your asset or project does graphically. Main page featured projects are selected by moderators manually. You can send your request through support form.
Provide a 512x340 px PNG or JPEG file. This banner will be used for featuring your product in thematic collections of the Marketplace.
- Please upload no less than 2 product screenshots.
- Minimum dimension: 640px and maximum dimension: 3840px JPEG or PNG.
- Use of text is allowed. Try to make your screenshots «more selling and promotive». Designate the main advantages of your project using phrases like «Already integrated with Appodeal ads», «easy to customize», «only 150 lines of code», etc.
- To prevent the abduction of screenshots we recommend to use watermarks.
Your package should be in the category that is most closely related to your product.
Try to make your complete project as «completed» and ready to go as you can. Integrate analytics and monetization possibilities like ad monetization and in-app purchases. Please list all integrations you have added to your template in this field. If you haven’t added any integrations write «None», but we strongly recommend to add them.
- The documentation file should include installation and setup instructions; describe the functioning and usage of the project and place it in the main folder.
- Documentation can be supported with more extensive online documentation but the local documentation should be thorough enough to stand on its own to give a clear understanding of the whole asset’s functionality.
- Documentation must be in English and comprehensible.
- Documentation in other localized languages can be included in addition to the English version.
Our review team will not accept products without good documentation. Be sure to work on this before you submit.
Pricing & Details
- You can evaluate your package at any price point. If we feel that your content may be better rated in a different range, we will notify you about it. We propose to study the value of similar assets in the store and follow their example. Do not be afraid to ask for a high price for your package. It represents your hard work!
- Products located in other stores or on trading floors must match the price of your project on Corona Marketplace.
- The minimum allowed price is $1.50 USD.
Make sure your product is optimized to help prevent issue with users downloading your content.
- Files and Folders must have a consistent and clear naming convention throughout your submission.
- File and Folder names should be representative of the content.
- The File and Folder names should be as simple as possible without complex namings. For example, cat_yellow.png is acceptable but catSittingInTheGroundWithYellowEyes.png is not.
- All lowercase file names are preferred but not required.
- Ensure your folder structure is as clean and easy to understand as possible.
- Folder and file names should be in English.
- A singular folder should only contain one type of file. There should not be a range of file types. For example, a folder containing PNG image assets should only contain PNG images and would not have PSD or audio files along with it.
- Remove all non-critical files, such as duplicate, unused or redundant files.
Every method in your code should be well commented. Use sufficient documentation to avoid a lot of questions from your customers. Use pure high-quality images and good music and sound effects for assets.
The product will be reviewed in the next 1–4 business days. If you have any questions about these guidelines or if there are any qualities unique to your product that these guidelines don’t seem to address please do not hesitate to reach out to us and ask at firstname.lastname@example.org.