The impack (IMage PACKage) plugin contains various utilities to read, write, and manipulate image data:
- Load images from multiple formats, for example .PNG, .JPEG, .BMP, .TGA, and .PSD.
- Images are loaded as RGB or RGBA byte streams which may be used to populate compatible display objects, for instance via the Bytemap plugin.
- .GIF support (both saving and loading).
- Save byte streams in various formats.
- Save and load supports both file- and memory-based operations.
- Build .MPEG videos out of individual frames.
- Integration with r-lyeh's Spot (still experimental), providing filters, support for .WEBP, .SVG, etc.
- Perform various operations on byte streams including box filters, rotation, resize, byte to/from float, and more.
- Grayscale conversions.
- Signed distance fields.