"Missile Command" is a classic game that introduces fundamental game development concepts including:
- Basic game mechanics and logic.
- Random target selection.
- Progressive difficulty and leveling.
- Intelligent placement with overlap testing.
- Game Math: vector-to-angle, transition times as a product of desired speed, variable distance, and more.
This package includes four versions of the game:
- Basic – Simple art-free version of the game; a great staring point for new developers.
- Pretty – Beautified version of the game with art and sound.
- Modular – Game with "game over" logic, difficulty progression, and overall code separated into modules.
- Framed – Modules integrated with the Composer framework for a complete package.